Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 85

Moo La La meets ROCKstar baby's room is coming together!

My husband secretly wishes HE was a rockstar and has had fun helping with the design elements. My little art studio is up and running; the above pic is one of 4 art pieces that will be hung in baby's room. I found 12x12 canvas squares at JoAnne's for $5 each, printed out online images that I wanted to use...and a few hours later voila! I'm not an artist by any means, but if you go slow enough you can pretty much replicate anything (thanks to some handy quilting rulers I had!!) I might funk it up a little more with some striped ribbon along the edges (thanks for the idea G!!) It should all look pretty cool, when I'm done.

I had grandiose plans of setting up baby furniture, this weekend, but it hasn't come in, yet [sigh]. Instead, my little sister, and I, worked on cutting profile pictures. I decided that simply gluing the pictures on the profiles was not cool enough, so we jazzed the pictures up with paper borders. Little did I know just how involved this project was going to be! Cutting and gluing paper for 300 pictures is no easy task, but in the long-run it will be worth it! I would pretty much do anything for little babyheart. Somewhere in my mind, every perfected detail will help speed the process. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...




















Thanks Gabrielle, for the help!! Here's the final product (well, one of them. They all look different):Not only did my sister help me knockout projects this weekend...she also gave me this...[Laura, feast your eyes on this bad boy!]
She was packing her bags and I saw it casually laying on top (empty, mind you. she was carrying a D&G). I asked her just how many Coach purses she owns and she smiled sheepishly. Then said, "do you want it?" Umm...let me think..."Yeah!" Apparently, her ex-boyfriend's mom bought it for her a few months ago. I now feel like a true club member. My mom bought me my first ever Coach for Christmas and I'm afraid I'm now hooked...

11 comments:

  1. Love the art...you may not be "an artist", but it definitely takes ALOT of talent/vision to create things like you do.

    REALLY cute purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY fun! Gotta love Schmees sister cast-offs...knew I should have had a sister :) Love and miss you! OH, and you HAVE to read the article entitled "Happiness in a Messy House" in this month's Real Simple. Totally made me smile and think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a ball putting our book together. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Coach bags! They're so beautiful.

    It looks like you had a fun and creative weekend. I love what you did to the profile pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't wait to see the baby's finished room :)

    i had to laugh about your sister and the purse...once you moved out weren't you shocked how spoiled the younger siblings get? when was all that when we were growing up? :)

    thanks for the comment on my page and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful profile letter...that really looks great! I also love your baby room art and your new coach purse, sounds like you had a very productive weekend!

    Melba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! I get my designer purses from my sis too! Oh, to have her lifestyle! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The profile looks amazing and I'm really interested to see what your baby's room looks like in the end. I love your creativity and uniqueness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby is going to have one cool and awesome room! Can't wait to see it when it is finished.

    The adoption process is getting to be so exciting. I can relate to the flip flops you are feeling too. have fun shopping for the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your profile looks like it's going to be great! And what a fantastic sis to part with a Coach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so impressed that all the profiles were different. That's amazing - so much work and talent.

    My friend gave my first coach bag... she just happened to have it lying around and not using it. It's so much fun! I love yours. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete