Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 88

The much anticipated, baby's room pictures! I know you've ALL been holding your breath... :) Please withhold all judgment, this room is no where near completion, but it's really looking great and I wanted to share it with you. I LOVE the furniture!!!!!

In real life the stripes are a little darker. There was sunlight streaming in the window and it gave them more of a hazy glow in the pictures! The tall shelf also has a back that I'm going to put back on. It used to be in our room and I liked the backless look.

Ottoman is still on it's way--the chair was discontinued so hunting down the matching footrest was chaotic (thanks, for finding it J!!!)

Apart from the stripes, the crib is my favorite part of the room. I always pictured myself with a hand-me-down or a thrift store/re-finished one...It's so beautiful and I love just looking at it! I love that OUR baby is going to sleep in it one day...I love that I put it together all by myself...I love that Melia (my sweet, precious niece #1) is sharing her mattress with us...I love that it resembles our bed...

It's the small things that make my heart smile.

(our bed)

All the fun fabrics that will one day be babyheart's quilt. I did add in a new fabric that isn't pictured...It's a black t-shirt with white sketchings of guitars all over it! Very Rock.

Have I mentioned how much I love my chair? (Thanks Rachie and Mom!!) I sneak in the room every chance I get. I don't really dream about baby [yet]...I usually think about how far I've come as a woman; a wife, how good it feels to have a heart full of joy, how much love is in my heart for someone I've never met and may not even be created yet, how thankful I am for the path that has led me to this place. All this from one chair...


I had to trade in my dream of a glam chandelier. All the black ones I found were either way too much money, didn't have enough watts to light up the room, or were meant to be plugged in--not dangle from the ceiling. I was pretty bummed out about it, but settled on a more modern fixture that has a cool copper/antique finish to it. Not only did I install the light tonight, but I also put my electrician hat on and installed a dimmer! After a phone call to dad and a trip to Home Depot I had that baby up and running in no time. Seriously...does babyheart know my love?
(Said Dimmer)

This room has truly been a labor of love...and a long time coming! I know I'm not winning an Oscar (and the room isn't even done, for goodness sakes), but I have to give some love to all those that contributed....First and foremost I want to thank Jesus Christ, My Lord....oh wait! I said this WASN'T an Oscar speech [smile]...I DO want to thank Ben for putting up with my neurotic behavior and giving me full say in decor, with little opinion...Rachael for your inspiration, encouragement and the best rocker ever made! Queen Mum, none of this would be possible without you...G-girl for spending two boring weekends helping me tape and paint...Meeghan, Laura, and Rach for helping me pull the stripes off, Melia for sharing her mattress, Chris for power-washing the deck (definitely going to make baby come faster!), Meeg for making me dinners, washing the blinds, shampooing the carpet, and goo-gone-ing all the paint stains (truly the most UN-glam jobs)...and all of YOU for encouraging me daily, offering friendship, and giving me hope amidst the pain.

You have all made me one happy mama...

23 comments:

  1. And what a mama you will be. I am so anxious for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks AWESOME. I love it. We (Chris, Me, and Melia (and even Eva (just for making us smile)) are honored that we were able to have a hand in putting it all together. We love you guys and can't wait to see that precious little one sleeping in that crib. My heart is overflowing with love for him/her. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool...i love it...i really mean that...you are so creative and talented Bekah, that child is so blessed already to have such a loving home to be welcomed into. I cant wait for you and Ben to lay eyes on your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! You have done an amazing job, and I'm so impressed with the dimmer. Now, will you come to Scotland and help me with my nursery!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bekah!!!!!

    I love it...so far!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that room is amazing, i love it.

    i can't wait to see a baby in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so fabulous!! I cannot wait to see a picture of your beautiful baby sleeping in that crib someday soon!!

    Melba

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful!!! Good job!! Kudos to you too for doing the electrical part. My husband's dad is a master electr. and my husband has learned the trade (although he is a chemist). I leave that stuff up to them because I am too scaredddddd!!! Way to go! -kriss

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this room. Super cute. Super beautiful. Love it!! And cannot wait to meet your little one who will be the lucky one to sleep in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nursery is awesome! I love those colors but Mr. Sparky isn't too keen on green. We did vertical stripes, I never thought to do horizontal! You are so creative. Everything looks so good, I can't wait to see how it looks with a baby in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really impressed! It looks GREAT so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL! The cow rug made the cut, eh? It looks awesome in there with the room all put together! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did such an amazing job! I am so looking forward to seeing you sit in that chair holding your son or daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome room! Man, I will totally be begging you for help whenever we get around to redecorating (hahaha that seems to be a far-off dream right now!) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome job girly...Tim the toolman Taylor ain't got nuttin on you! :)

    I love the room already, and love how much of you has been put into it. My heart smiles just thinking about you rocking your baby in that chair...putting them to sleep in that crib and standing at the doorway dimming the lights. SUH WEEEET!

    You keep all of us inspired (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful room! I love the furniture. The walls look great. I adore that color green. You did a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow... your baby's room has come together with your usual style. I also cannot wait until you're sitting in that rocker, feet propped on the long-awaited ottoman, holding your new baby. Nice work, Rebekah!

    -kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww...I love the baby's room!!! The furniture is beautiful!!! You are so creative and talented. God has blessed you with that talent and your baby is going LOVE it!!!

    Hope you have great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! It looks so amazing! What fun!!! The furniture is gorgeous! It looks so sophisticated and chic! That will be one happenin', rockin' baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still getting caught up on my reading! I love the baby's room! Do you want to come over and do mine next? I'm thinking you could start a little business of decorating baby's rooms. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE it!! What a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete